Used to replace one or more missing teeth, dental implants are one of the most effective and reliable ways to restore the appearance of your smile and functionality of your mouth.
How they help
- Restore your smile and boost confidence
- Prevent shrinkage of the jaw bone and the movement of any remaining teeth
- Help you chew more effectively and speak more clearly
- Easier to clean than other dental restorations
How they work
After a comprehensive assessment and careful planning, our oral surgeons place the tiny titanium implants under the gum to act as new tooth roots. As titanium is so well-tolerated by the body, these implants eventually fuse with the bone, providing a solid foundation for replacement teeth.
Once healed, we fix expertly constructed crowns or bridges to the now firmly positioned implants. Although having implants means you no longer have to wear dentures, they can be used to stabilise dentures, preventing awkward slippage and ensuring false teeth function more like natural teeth.
Although you will normally have to wait a few months for the embedded implants to bond with your bone, we also offer All-on-4, an innovative technique that can give you fully functional teeth in just one day. Also suitable if you have insufficient bone density, this procedure involves the strategic placement of just a few implants which can support a full set of replacement teeth.
How to look after them
- Keep them clean – regular brushing and flossing will help prevent gum disease
- Keep yourself healthy – certain health conditions and lifestyle choices, such as smoking, can increase your risk of developing gum disease or inhibit healing.
- Keep attending regular check-ups and hygiene appointments – so we can keep an eye on the condition of your implants.
Looking to fill in those embarrassing gaps? Call us on 01494 783 874.