Veneers offer an attractive and durable cover-up for teeth that are discoloured, damaged or have small gaps. They are wafer-thin porcelain shells that are bonded securely to teeth with strong dental adhesive. They can either be made from laminated porcelain or a denser variety for teeth affected by heavier chewing forces.
How they help
- Conceal all kinds of flaws
- Minimal preparation of the tooth, if any, required
- A natural tooth-like appearance
- Can be used for a single tooth or a full smile makeover
How they work
If required, we carefully remove a layer of tooth so the veneer can be comfortably accommodated.
We then take impressions so the veneer can be crafted to fit perfectly over your tooth. We will also make sure the colour of your new veneer matches your existing teeth.
When ready, the custom-made veneer is firmly bonded to the tooth
How to look after them
- Keep them safe – a veneer is a tough, smile-enhancing restoration but you will need to take a little care to protect it from damage. Try not to bite your fingernails or open anything with your teeth, and cut up hard foods to make them easier to eat.
- Keep them clean – brush twice daily with a fluoride toothpaste and floss once a day.
- Keep attending your routine dentist and hygienist appointments – so we can make sure you are cleaning your teeth properly and spot any problems with the veneer.
Looking for a minimally invasive way to conceal dental flaws? Call us on 01494 783 874.