A much less obvious alternative to amalgam fillings, white fillings are made from a hard-wearing composite resin, which matches the colour of your teeth.
How they help
- Successfully repair damaged teeth
- Support the remaining structure of a tooth
- A more attractive way to fill cavities
How they work
We use a local anaesthetic to numb the area and remove any decayed parts of the tooth. We then prime the tooth and pick a composite colour that will blend with your teeth. We carefully apply this in layers and mould it to fit the tooth.
We harden the malleable composite with a bright light and polish the resulting restoration to make it look just like a natural part of the tooth.
How to look after them
- Keep it clean – it’s important to brush at least twice a day to prevent decay forming around the filling.
- Keep attending check-ups and hygiene appointments – so we can keep any eye on your filling.
For less noticeable repairs to your teeth call 01494 783 874.